Personal Advisers

A registered tax agent, or accountant, is an essential property investment partner.

They can provide advice on structures for setting up your investment purchases, and provide suitable advice around purchasing in a trust or a self-managed super fund (SMSF), as well as help you maximise your tax position.

Appropriate legal advice is essential to ensuring a smooth property investment process.

Lawyers and solicitors provide property investors with legal advice and services relative to their investments.

In some states a conveyancer or settlement agent can provide property investors with non-legal services related to the processes of buying and selling property.

Education and research are two fundamental aspects of successful property investment.

With that in mind, locating providers of education and research should be high on any property investor's list.

A licensed financial planner provides financial advice and personal financial plans covering many aspects of personal finance.

Depending on the level of engagement you are looking for, a financial planner can work with you to identify your short and long term financial goals and recommend suitable strategies and products to help you achieve those goals.

A mortgage broker is a person or company who sources finance for you from more than one lender.  When it comes to home of investment loans, they are paid a commission from the lender and that commission is not passed on to you as extra costs.